WE ARE BROWN
One Team. One Mission.
At Brown, we are creative, collaborative, and inquisitive, while enjoying a healthy life/work balance. Our success does not come from fancy business buzzwords or the latest management fads. Success comes from an unwavering daily commitment to getting the basics right.
- We Practice the “Human Touch”
- We Communicate to be Understood
- We Set and Ask for Expectations
- We Follow-Up on Everything
- We Practice Blameless Problem Solving
- We Check Our Egos at the Door
- We Keep Things Fun!
We work for the love of home and family. We create spaces to make everlasting memories.
"Working at Brown for the last 25 years, my colleagues have become my family. We have a group of exceptionally talented designers and a substantial support staff that work together as a team. Doing what is best for the clients builds honest long-term relationships and referrals. Our culture to do the right thing has brought us great success for over 45 years."
Laurie Carney, Chief Financial Officer
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(K) Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
- Employee Discounts on Showroom Purchases
- Profit / Bonus Plan
Join the Interior Design Family
At Brown, we take pride in the professional, creative and collaborative environment we have created and enjoyed for more than 40 years. Our responsibility is to not only design functional and beautiful living spaces for our clients, but to also establish and maintain lasting relationships built upon trust, confidence and mutual respect and appreciation. Working at Brown is more than a job; it's an opportunity to make a difference in our clients’ lives each and every day. Are you ready to join our family?
Available Positions at Interiors by Brown
Interiors by Brown, which specializes in luxury commercial and residential design and furnishings, seeks a full time Lead Furniture Installer with a high level of customer service experience.
We are currently looking to expand our team with an enthusiastic, full-time Lead Furniture Installer to work in conjunction with our Warehouse Manager and other furniture installers to deliver a high level of customer service to our clients.
Our Lead Installer is responsible for loading furniture from our warehouse onto our delivery trucks, then delivering and installing all furnishings and accessories in our client’s homes at the direction of the Warehouse manager and in partnership with our Interior Designers.
As the Lead Installer there is additional responsibility to train new team members, be the point of contact for customers on deliveries, and ensure other Installers are delivering high quality service.
The furniture installer is an ambassador and extension of our brand that can take feedback from our clients based on their delivery and make sure that feedback is delivered to our internal customer service team for follow up.
Our company offers a full range of benefits for our full time employees including paid holidays, PTO, health insurance, and 401k. This position is eligible for overtime as needed.
We are looking for 40 hours a week 7:30am-4:30pm. Salary is hourly plus tips.
5-7 years experience in customer service is preferred
Experience with high end custom furniture assembly and service is a MUST Two-years’ experience in similar role is preferred
Ability to lift 50lbs or more multiple times daily is a must
Excellent communication skills
Clean driving record a must
Persistent, proactive and resourceful: VERY IMPORTANT
A professional attitude is necessary
Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Ability to coach and train others
At this time we are only reviewing resumes of candidates who have previous experience in a similar role and knowledge of luxury furniture moving and assembly.
The Residential Design Assistant works with the Design Assistant team to provide project support to a high-performance design team.
- Communicate with tradespeople, vendors, contractors, and most importantly clients. • Assist in selecting materials for FF&E, knowledge of high-end design resources. • Prepare materials for presentations to clients including assembly of boards, PowerPoint presentations, furniture options, elevations, and perspectives.
- Duties will include assisting multiple designers with obtaining samples, researching products, client site visits, project coordination, and general project support tasks
- Assisting in the maintenance of the design library.
- A professional degree in Interior Design and at least 3-5 years of experience in Interior Design or Interior Architecture with experience in Residential Design.
- Expertise in AutoCAD a plus
- Experience with Design Manager and Photoshop a plus
- Understanding of Google applications required
- Candidates must have an eye for detail and the ability to work well as part of a close-knit team. • An ability and willingness to travel.
- An ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must have efficient follow-through and attention to detail.
- Available to work flexible hours when needed including some evening shifts as needed.
A family-owned interior design firm specializing in luxury commercial and residential design and furnishings seeks an experienced commercial interior design project manager with experience in hospitality, multifamily, and retail.
We are currently looking to expand our team with an enthusiastic, full-time Commercial interior design project manager at our newly remodeled Design Firm in Boca Raton and the option to work remotely. The Commercial interior design project manager will work collaboratively with the entire Commercial Design team to ensure each project exceeds client expectations.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience is preferred
- New construction and renovation experience is a must
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Interior Design from an accredited program is required ● Attention to detail, highly organized with the ability to multitask
- Knowledge of general principles of design and construction documents
- Ability to manage budgets, schedules, sourcing, proposals, quoting, expediting, reporting, ● Proficient in G Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms)
- Experience using project management principles to create project schedules, tasks, and reports ● Strong CAD/Sketch UP/Photoshop skills preferred
- Experience with SPEXX preferred
- Excellent presentation, communication, customer service, and organizational skills
- Persistent, proactive, and resourceful: VERY IMPORTANT
- A professional attitude is necessary
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Develop and execute design concepts for projects from start to finish: oversee projects from concept through installation including construction.
- Prepare client presentations
- Develop proposals and budgets for projects
- Work with architects, contractors, suppliers, and subcontractors
- Jobsite visits and installation supervision
- Ability to address client questions in a timely manner
- Product sourcing from vendors
- Provide weekly project updates to Design Director and Client