One Team. One Mission.
At Brown, we are creative, collaborative, and inquisitive, while enjoying a healthy life/work balance. Our success does not come from fancy business buzzwords or the latest management fads. Success comes from an unwavering daily commitment to getting the basics right.
We practice the “Human Touch”, we communicate to be understood, we set and ask for expectations, we follow-up on everything, we practice blameless problem solving, we check our egos at the door, and we keep things fun!
We work for the love of home and family. We create spaces to make everlasting memories.
“Working at brown for the last 25 years, my colleagues have become my family. We have a group of exceptionally talented designers and a substantial support staff that work together as a team. Doing what is best for the clients builds honest long-term relationships and referrals. Our culture to do the right thing has brought us great success for over 45 years.”
– Laurie Carney, Chief Financial Officer
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Health Savings Account (HSA)
401(K) Savings Plan
Paid Time Off
Jury Duty Leave
Employee Discounts on Showroom Purchases
Profit / Bonus Plan
Join the Interior Design Family
At Brown, we take pride in the professional, creative and collaborative environment we have created and enjoyed for more than 40 years. Our responsibility is to not only design functional and beautiful living spaces for our clients, but to also establish and maintain lasting relationships built upon trust, confidence and mutual respect and appreciation. Working at Brown is more than a job; it’s an opportunity to make a difference in our clients’ lives each and every day. Are you ready to join our family?
Available Positions at Interiors by BrownApply Now
Commercial Interior Designer
A family-owned interior design firm specializing in luxury commercial and residential design and furnishings seeks an experienced commercial interior design project manager with experience in hospitality, multifamily, and retail.
We are currently looking to expand our team with an enthusiastic, full-time Commercial Interior Designer at our newly
remodeled Design Firm in Boca Raton and the option to work remotely. The Commercial Interior Designer will work
collaboratively with the entire Commercial Design team to ensure each project exceeds client expectations.
● Minimum 5-7 years experience is preferred
● New construction and renovation experience is a must
● Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Interior Design from an accredited program is required
● Attention to details, highly organized with the ability to multitask
● Knowledge of general principles of design and construction documents
● Proficient in G Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms)
● Strong CAD/Sketch UP/Photoshop skills preferred
● Experience with SPEXX preferred
● Excellent presentation, communication, customer service and organizational skills
● Persistent, proactive and resourceful: VERY IMPORTANT
● A professional attitude is necessary
● Ability to work effectively in a team environment
● Ability to lead a team as well as mentor, coach and develop Design Assistants
● Develop and execute design concepts for projects from start to finish
● Prepare client presentations
● Develop proposals and budgets for projects
● Ability to make furniture and fabric selections
● Work with architects, contractors, suppliers and subcontractors
● Ability to make FF&E suggestions
● Jobsite visits and installation supervision
● Ability to address client questions in a timely manner
● Product sourcing from vendors
● Provide weekly project updates to Design Director and Client
A family owned interior design firm specializing in luxury commercial and residential design and furnishings, seeks an experienced residential interior designer for our clients.
We are currently looking to expand our team with an enthusiastic, full-time Residential Interior Designer at our Design Firm in Boca Raton. The Residential Interior Designer will work collaboratively with the Design Director, Design Assistants and support team to ensure each project exceeds client expectations.
- Familiarity with all levels of interior design; from conceptualization and specification to project organization, installation, and ongoing maintenance
- Prepare and present to clients in a professional and organized manner
- Develop proposals and budgets for projects
- Work with architects, contractors, suppliers and subcontractors
- Ability to make FF&E suggestions
- Jobsite visits and installation supervision
- Ability to address client questions in a timely manner
- Provide weekly project updates to Design Director and Client
- Minimum 5-7 years experience is preferred and a minimum two-years’ experience in similar design role strongly preferred
- New construction and renovation experience is a must
- Must Possess technical knowledge of cabinetry, tile, stone, custom finishes, lighting, plumbing and hardware
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design from an accredited program is required
- NCIDQ certification is preferred
- Knowledge of general principles of design and construction documents
- Excellent presentation, communication, customer service and organizational skills
- Proficient in most computer programs including: GSuite (Google Drive, Docs, sheets, mail), AutoCAD knowledge, SketchUp and Design Manager experience a plus.
- Persistent, proactive and resourceful: VERY IMPORTANT
- A professional attitude is necessary
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Submission of a design portfolio is required to be considered for this position
Interior Design Assistant
A family owned interior design firm specializing in luxury residential design, seeks a hard working and highly organized Full Time Design Assistant to provide project and design support to a high performance Residential Interior Design team.
We are looking for detail oriented individuals who are passionate about helping others, like working in a team environment, and enjoy the comradery of working in a tight knit group of individuals. If you are looking for a company where everyone is passionate about what they do and values the quality of their work then, you may be the right person to join our team.
- Must have experience speaking and communicating with trades people, vendors, contractors and most importantly clients.
- Must have experience in selecting materials for FF&E, knowledge of high-end design resources.
- Ability to prepare materials for presentations to clients including assembly of boards, PowerPoint presentations, furniture options, elevations and perspectives.
- Duties will include assisting multiple designers with obtaining samples, researching products, client site visits, project coordination, and general project support tasks
- Assisting in maintenance of the design library.
- Available working hours M-F 9am – 5:30pm
- A professional degree in Interior Design and at least 3-5 years of experience in Interior Design or Interior Architecture with experience in Residential Design.
- Expertise in AutoCAD and SketchUp a plus
- Experience with Design Manager and Photoshop a plus
- Understanding of Google applications required
- Candidates must have an eye for detail and ability to work well as part of a close knit team.
- An ability and willingness to travel.
- An ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must have efficient follow through and attention to detail.
- Available to work flexible hours when needed including some evening shifts as needed.