WE ARE BROWN
One Team. One Mission.
At Brown, we are creative, collaborative, and inquisitive, while enjoying a healthy life/work balance. Our success does not come from fancy business buzzwords or the latest management fads. Success comes from an unwavering daily commitment to getting the basics right.
- We Practice the “Human Touch”
- We Communicate to be Understood
- We Set and Ask for Expectations
- We Follow-Up on Everything
- We Practice Blameless Problem Solving
- We Check Our Egos at the Door
- We Keep Things Fun!
We work for the love of home and family. We create spaces to make everlasting memories.
"Working at Brown for the last 25 years, my colleagues have become my family. We have a group of exceptionally talented designers and a substantial support staff that work together as a team. Doing what is best for the clients builds honest long-term relationships and referrals. Our culture to do the right thing has brought us great success for over 45 years."
Laurie Carney, Chief Financial Officer
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(K) Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
- Employee Discounts on Showroom Purchases
- Profit / Bonus Plan
Join the Interior Design Family
At Brown, we take pride in the professional, creative and collaborative environment we have created and enjoyed for more than 40 years. Our responsibility is to not only design functional and beautiful living spaces for our clients, but to also establish and maintain lasting relationships built upon trust, confidence and mutual respect and appreciation. Working at Brown is more than a job; it's an opportunity to make a difference in our clients’ lives each and every day. Are you ready to join our family?
Available Positions at Interiors by Brown
A family-owned interior design firm specializing in luxury commercial and residential design and furnishings, seeks a detail oriented production specialist who will focus on CAD and Sketchup drawings for our clients.
You will be working on the visualization team. The CAD /Sketch up position is part-time (approx 25 hrs wk) with the potential to scale up as needed. This position requires knowledge in residential working drawings using AutoCAD. Sketch up is also required for 3D millwork renderings as needed. The main focus of this position will be to accurately draw floor plans and catch any possible problematic conditions before jobs go to construction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create working drawings in CAD
- Developing full set of working drawings
- Ability to take field measure in clients home as needed
- Develop sketch up renderings for millwork units/cabinetry
- Estimate and track time spent on drawings per client
- Knowledge of CAD, Sketch up, Adobe/Photoshop required
- Certification or degree in drafting/design preferred
- Demonstrated track record of performance and professionalism
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Attention to detail in a high-volume, fast paced environment is a must
- Knowledge of Interior Design and/or Retail furnishings industry a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft and Google software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must
A family-owned interior design firm specializing in luxury commercial and residential design and furnishings, seeks an experienced residential interior designer for our clients.
We are currently looking to expand our team with an enthusiastic, full-time Residential Interior Designer at our amazing newly remodeled Design Firm in Boca Raton. The Residential Interior Designer will work collaboratively with the Design Director, Design Assistants and support team to ensure each project exceeds client expectations.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience is preferred
- Minimum two-years’ experience in similar design role strongly preferred
- New construction and renovation experience is a must
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design from an accredited program is required
- NCIDQ certification is required
- Attention to details, highly organized with the ability to multitask
- Knowledge of general principles of design and construction documents
- Proficient in G Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides , Forms)
- Excellent presentation, communication, customer service and organizational skills
- Bilingual preferred
- Commercial/Hospitality design a plus
- Persistent, proactive and resourceful: VERY IMPORTANT
- A professional attitude is necessary
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to lead a team as well as mentor, coach and develop Design Assistants
- Develop and execute design concepts for projects from start to finish
- Prepare client presentations
- Develop proposals and budgets for projects
- Ability to make furniture and fabric selections
- Work with architects, contractors, suppliers and subcontractors
- Ability to make FF&E suggestions
- Jobsite visits and installation supervision
- Ability to address client questions in a timely manner
- Product sourcing from vendors
- Provide weekly project updates to Design Director and Client